Almond, Lemon & Cinnamon Cake
All-time favorite 5-ingredient-gluten-free-not-too-sweet-perfect-for-so-many-situations cake.
It’s fragrant but not too sweet, so it’s as good for a brunch or a book group as it is for dessert. The texture is amazingly moist, but not too dense. As a bonus, it’s totally gluten free though being an almond base it’s obviously not suitable for those with nut allergies. The cinnamon is subtle but beautifully aromatic.
- 250g almonds (ground)
- 250g caster sugar (golden)
- Zest from one medium lemon
- 3/4 tsp Burlap & Barrel Ground Cinnamon Verum
- 5 large eggs
- In a mixing bowl, combine 250g ground almonds, 250g (golden) caster sugar, the zest of one medium lemon, and 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
- In a second bowl, whisk 5 large eggs until scrambled. Add the eggs into the almond mix and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a well-greased springform pan, and bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and serve with the accompaniments of your choice! (Tonight it was blackberries, toasted pistachios, rosemary flowers, a drizzle of Scottish heather honey, and a spoon of whipped cream.)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.