- 2 scallions roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tsp za’atar
- Good squeeze of lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (or sub plain lactose-free/coconut yogurt)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Burlap & Barrel Black Urfa Chili
- 1 tsp Burlap & Barrel Silk Chili
- 4 eggs
- Rocket/arugula or other fresh greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Burlap & Barrel Cured Sumac to taste
Urfa Biber Eggs
- Start by making the herb sauce: Put all ingredients into a small blender or mortar and pestle and blend until smooth paste. Taste as you go and adjust to your preference!
- Yogurt base: Finely grate 1 small garlic clove into 1.5 your yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chili butter: Put your chilies into a small bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat until it’s turned lovely and brown (don’t let it burn!), then pour over your chilies and stir well.
- Prepare your plates: start with a round pool of your yogurt mix on one side of the plate. Add a nice big spoonful of the herb sauce next to it, and put your greens in the free space.
- Lastly - poach your eggs! Get the water to simmering (not a rolling boil) and season with salt. Strain your first raw egg through a fine mesh sieve so the stringy bits of white fall away, and pop it in a cup. Stir your water one way (e.g. clockwise) so it creates a little vortex, and drop your first egg in the middle - this will help the white wrap around the yolk and not go stringy. Repeat with your other eggs - I recommend using a pretty big pot and only having two in at once, so the eggs don’t stick. After 2-3 minutes take your eggs out with a slotted spoon and gently remove any excess water with a paper towel.
- Place two eggs per plate on top of the yogurt. Drizzle the chili butter liberally over your eggs and greens, and season everything with salt, pepper, and sumac.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.