Our sweet and floral blue poppy seeds are harvested in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey's center of opium poppy cultivation for millennia. Perfect for adding a rich, nutty flavor to baked goods and pastries, but also for adding texture and richness to savory dishes like roasted vegetables and fish, salad dressings, dips and anything else you can think of.
- Origin: Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% blue poppy seeds (Papaver somniferum)
- Tasting notes: Dried Violets • Hazelnuts • Plums
- Lemon poppy seed baked goods like muffins, cookies, and cakes
- Top pumpkin or carrot soup with a handful of poppy seeds
- Mix into your vinaigrette for extra complexity
- Pairs well with: Desert Fennel, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Allspice Berries
We source our poppy seeds from small farms around the city of Afyonkarahisar in central Turkey. The city is so integral to the history of poppy cultivation that the name of the city translates literally to “Poppy Black Fortress.” Poppies have been cultivated there for millennia for culinary, medicinal and recreational applications.