Our Desert Hibiscus comes from an organic farm in Egypt and adds a refreshing, fruity tang to your dishes and drinks. Bright, fruity and tart, it’s perfect for teas, infusions, and cocktails.
- Origin: Aswan, Egypt
- Aliases: Sorrel, Flor de Jamaica
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% organically-grown hibiscus flower petals (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Tasting notes: Bright • Fruity • Tart
- Use a few flowers with lemon and honey to make a refreshing hot or iced tea
- Steep in hot water, sugar, ginger and lemon peel to make a simple syrup or cook down for a hibiscus sauce
- Add to marinade for your beef or lamb dishes
- Pairs well with: Pemba Cloves, Sweet Allspice Berries, Wild Red Juniper Berries
Our Desert Hibiscus is grown along the Nile in Aswan on the Egyptian/Sudanese border. Hibiscus is an edible bright red flower that grows from plants that grow to 3-6 feet in height. Once harvested, the flowers are laid out to dry under the desert sun for up to three days. Our Desert Hibiscus is grown organically.