Our wild red juniper berries are harvested in the Taurus Mountains of Turkey. They're herbal and sweet with notes of pine and goji berries. Great for braised meats, cocktails, and teas.
- Origin: Taurus Mountains,Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% wild red juniper berries (Juniperus drupacea)
- Tasting notes: Goji • Cranberry • Pine
- Add a few berries to your homemade gin cocktails
- Use for flavoring sauerkraut
- Throw a handful into the slow cooker or for your braised meat recipe
- Pairs well with: Wild Mountain Cumin, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Cinnamon Verum (Ground)
Most juniper berries grown in North America and Europe turn dark blue and purple when they’re ripe. Our wild red juniper berries grow on Syrian juniper bushes, which only grow in the Middle East. The bush plant forms flowers that eventually produce berries, which require at least two years to ripen. Once ripe, they’re hand picked by foragers in the Taurus Mountains and laid out to sun dry for up to three weeks.
I like using regular juniper so this product sounded interesting and I bought it. I found it less flavorful and harder to crush than standard juniper so I recommend cooking with it or macerating it.
The herbs and spices were all that I had hoped for. I‚Äôm concerned with my health and that of the planet. Your company covers all the bases. Thank You üôèüèΩ
Very good with game or beef stews, etc. Very fragrant flavorful without being overbearing.