Our Drumstick Lemongrass (Sả Đùi Gà) is sweet and bright, with lush citrus overtones. The name is a translation of the Vietnamese, and it comes from the shape of the plant, which tapers from a wide base like a chicken leg. After being harvested, the lemongrass stalks are gently dried and ground into powder for maximum surface area (and convenience!).
The lemongrass powder can be used anywhere you'd use a stalk of lemongrass. Add just a little bit to marinades, soups, stews, stir-fries and sweets for a citrus perfume.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Dried with hot air, then ground
- Ingredients: Lemongrass, ground (Cymbopogon citratus)
- Tasting notes: Citrus Grove • Makrut Lime • Honey
- Mix with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a little bit of maple syrup for a chicken, seafood or veggie glaze
- Bloom in oil with dried herbs and diced veggies for broths and soups
- Add to shortbread cookies, lemon bars, spice cookies and other sweets
- Sour Tomato and Lemongrass Soup with Little Pork Meatballs
- Lemongrass and Herb Pork Sausage
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Chicken Opor
- Pairs well with: Buffalo Ginger, New Harvest Turmeric, Wild Mountain Cumin
We've partnered with DACE, a social enterprise in Vietnam, to connect with the farmers growing our Drumstick Lemongrass.
The Drumstick Lemongrass (along with our Blue Turmeric, Purple Stripe Garlic, Buffalo Ginger and Red Turmeric) is grown by communities of Hmong farmers in Vietnam's northern highlands, who are learning to grow higher-value crops and transitioning to organic and regenerative agricultural methods. We're honored to support them in that work, and to share their aromatic lemongrass with you!
In the photos, you can see Mrs. Ly Thi Dau holding a bundle of Drumstick Lemongrass and Mrs. Hoa, Mrs. Hau and Ms. My working in the lemongrass fields.
- lark recipe
- Drumstick Lemon
- lemon grass
- mind blowing
- Burlap & Barrel
I use this in everything these days to give everything I make a bit of a zing. Smells really nice, great flavor.
Have not decided if it. replaces fresh lemongrass
I was a bit disappointed in the lemongrass I wish it had a stronger flavor. I had to add quite a bit to even taste it.
Like always burlap and barrel delivers with the flavor!
Hello! So far I have to say I am not loving the lemongrass. I expected the flavor to be more robust and mimic the flavor of fresh lemongrass. Perhaps my expectations were not realistic. I love your spices and continue to refresh as I finish my non-Burlap spices.
Fresh & Zesty
Great for adding something extra to stir fry’s. loving this!
It is hard to find fresh lemongrass. This is a wonderful alternative.
Mind blowing. Just mind blowing.
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.