Our Purple Dulse is a savory, umami, colorful seaweed that is sustainably wild-harvested from the pristine waters of the North Atlantic Ocean along the rocky coasts of the Gulf of Maine between the US and Canada. It's solar-dried to preserved its nutrients, which include protein, dietary fiber, vitamin A (beta-carotene), iron, potassium, magnesium, chlorophyll, trace ocean minerals and B vitamins. Dulse is also an excellent source of iodine!
Purple Dulse is perfect for soups, stews, stir-fries, sauces, salads and any other dish that needs an extra oomph. Use in cooking and garnishing for an irresistible nutty flavor or as an alternative to salt. It makes a great accompaniment to starches and sharp cheeses. Purple Dulse can be used raw or cooked.
- Origin: Gulf of Maine
- Process: Hand-harvested and ground
- Ingredient: Certified organic purple dulse seaweed flakes (Palmaria palmata)
- Tasting notes: Ocean Bacon • Black Licorice • Rocky Coastline
- Make a tahini dressing with dulse, garlic powder and lemon juice
- Sprinkle over roasted vegetables
- Use to top avocado or tomato toast
- Add to your smoothies
- Incorporate into a caramel or brittle
- Bake into a banana bread
- Use as a salt substitute
- Pairs well with: Porcelain Garlic, Ground Black Lime, Robusta Black Peppercorns
We worked with Maine Coast Sea Vegetables to source our Purple Dulse. They are dedicated to sustainable harvesting of many types of seaweed for nutrient-dense, delicious cooking. It is their mission to provide high quality North Atlantic sea vegetables as user-friendly foods, supported by reliable information; and to build respectful, long-term relationships with our customers, suppliers, employees and the environment.
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.