Our Purple Stripe Garlic Powder comes from an heirloom variety with a purple stripe on its papery skin and bulbs about half the size of what you're used to seeing.
It's grown by a group of farmers in the mountains of northern Vietnam and has a savory and sweet flavor profile that adds depth and complexity to everything it touches. Add it to tomato sauces, stews, salad dressings or simply sprinkle it onto stir-fries or pizza.
What they're saying:
"Has a knack for making flavors go supernova." Esquire
"I can’t live without the Purple Stripe Garlic, which has a deliciously nutty brown-butter flavor." FastCompany
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
Process: Hot air-dried, then ground
Ingredients: 100% garlic, ground (Allium sativum)
Tasting notes: Brown Butter • Toasted Hazelnut • Asafoetida
- Add to onion, carrots and celery as a flavor base for sauces, stews, braises or beans
- Toss into meat and veggie rubs, stir fries and salad dressings
- Sprinkle over reheated pizza
- Easy, Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Pairs well with: Zanzibar Black Peppercorns, Nile Coriander, Herati Saffron
- garlic powder
- Purple Stripe Garlic
It is more of a fine powder rather than granulated so it mixes easily into any dish. I really like the flavor. I would order again.
This is the absolute BEST Garlic Powder Ever!!!! I use it on everything!!
I love it. I often use it instead of fresh garlic, it is that good.
Great! The taste and quality cannot be out done! Love!
these are the best, most fresh and tasteful spices I have ever used.