Our Drumstick Lemongrass (Sả Đùi Gà) is named after the shape of the plant, which tapers from a wide base like a chicken leg. After being harvested, our Drumstick Lemongrass is gently dried and ground into powder for maximum surface area (and convenience!).
Add just a little bit to marinades, soups, stews, stir-fries and sweets for a citrus perfume. You can also swap this for fresh lemongrass at about a 4:1 ratio, or dried lemongrass at about a 2:1 ratio.
However you use it, this will become one of your new favorite spices.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Dried with hot air, then ground
- Ingredients: Lemongrass, ground (Cymbopogon citratus)
- Tasting notes: Citrus Grove • Makrut Lime • Honey
- Mix with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a little bit of maple syrup for a chicken, seafood or veggie glaze
- Bloom in oil with dried herbs and diced veggies for broths and soups
- Add to shortbread cookies, lemon bars, spice cookies and other sweets
- Sour Tomato and Lemongrass Soup with Little Pork Meatballs
- Lemongrass and Herb Pork Sausage
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Pairs well with: Buffalo Ginger, New Harvest Turmeric, Wild Mountain Cumin
We've partnered with DACE, a social enterprise in Vietnam, to connect with the farmers growing our Drumstick Lemongrass.
The Drumstick Lemongrass (along with our Blue Turmeric, Purple Stripe Garlic, Buffalo Ginger and Red Turmeric) is grown by communities of Hmong farmers in Vietnam's northern highlands, who are learning to grow higher-value crops and transitioning to organic and regenerative agricultural methods. We're honored to support them in that work, and to share their aromatic lemongrass with you!
In the photos, you can see Mrs. Ly Thi Dau holding a bundle of Drumstick Lemongrass and Mrs. Hoa, Mrs. Hau and Ms. My working in the lemongrass fields.
- lark recipe
- Drumstick Lemon
- lemon grass
- mind blowing
- Burlap & Barrel
Fresh & Zesty
Great for adding something extra to stir fry’s. loving this!
Mind blowing. Just mind blowing.
I love these spices so much
I gave them to all my friends. They are now giving them to their friends. Sometimes I open the jars just to smell them.
Too good to be true
I grow my own lemon grass, but decided to try Burlap & Barrel’s Drumstick Lemon grass! Wow! Obviously much easier to use and it was just the right touch for my lark recipe. You did it again! Thank you!