Our White Poppy Seeds come from a region of Turkey with such an ancient tradition of growing poppies that the city is named after the poppy flower. White poppy seeds make a perfect filling and topping for baked goods, but they can also be ground into a paste to enrich savory sauces and rice dishes.
- Origin: Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried
Ingredients: 100% white poppy seeds (Papaver somniferum)
- Tasting notes: Hazelnut • Marzipan • Sweet Cream
- Soak, then grind into a paste to thicken sauces
- Use as a topping for roast veggies and noodle dishes
- Incorporate into baked goods such as cookies and cakes
- Pairs well with: Ground Black Lime, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Allspice Berries
We source our poppy seeds from small farms around the city of Afyonkarahisar in central Turkey. The city is so integral to the history of poppy cultivation that the name of the city translates literally to “Poppy Black Fortress.” Poppies have been cultivated there for millennia for culinary, medicinal and recreational applications.
- house warming gifts
- avocado toast
- Black Urfa Chili
I love these spices. I use the Black Urfa Chili on everything. The chili crisp collab is also great (next level avocado toast). These make great hostess and house warming gifts. The quality of spices makes all the difference, I see that now.
Made some killer baked goods with these. They went quickly!
Incredible homemade bread’