Our basil has a beautiful sweet licorice fragrance and has a clean, vegetal flavor. It comes to us from Fayoum, Egypt, where it is grown organically in fields irrigated by the Nile river. It pairs beautifully with any dish that involves tomatoes. Sprinkle over pasta and salads, add into your tomato sauces, or kick up your homemade breads and savory baked goods.
- Origin: Fayoum, Egypt
- Process: Sun-dried, then crushed
- Ingredients: 100% USDA Organically grown Egyptian basil leaf (Ocimum Basilicum)
- Tasting notes: Liquorice • Fresh Cut Grass • Bell Peppers
- Sprinkle on top of salads, pastas, and soups
- Blend in your favorite tomato sauce or pesto
- Mix with oil and brush on crusts, breads, and savory pastries
- Pairs well with: Flowering Hyssop Thyme, Smoked Pimenton Paprika, Nile Coriander
Our basil is grown by smallholder farmers in central Egypt, in an oasis west of the Nile where ancient canal systems divert the Nile's waters to irrigate the fields. Our basil is grown to meet USDA Organic standards.