Our Red Turmeric comes from a cooperative of farmers in northern Vietnam, where it has a long history as both a medicinal and culinary ingredient. Very high in curcumin (more than 5%), it also has a sweet, rich flavor that's great in teas and smoothies, as well as stews and marinades.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: Red turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Tasting notes: Carrot • Ginger • Papaya
- Perfect for chicken and fish rubs and marinades
- Toss with carrots, sweet potatoes or other root veggies
- Mix with ginger, fresh fruit and your favorite milk/mylk and blend
- Sour Tomato and Lemongrass Soup with Little Pork Meatballs
- Baharat Roasted Cauliflower
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Savory Kabocha Coconut Soup
- Pairs well with: Royal Cinnamon, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Buffalo Ginger
We've partnered with DACE, a social enterprise in Vietnam, to connect with the farmers growing our Red Turmeric.
The turmeric is grown by communities of Hmong farmers in Vietnam's northern highlands, who are learning to grow higher-value crops and transitioning to organic and regenerative agricultural methods. We're honored to support them in that work, and to share their earthy, sweet turmeric with you!
- Barrel spices
Love this. And it came beautifully packaged.
Husband LOVES this!
My husband is a big fan of turmeric, and this is his favorite ever. He loves to add it to scrambled eggs in particular.
Im embarrassed to say I haven’t used it yet! I cook often but not as much in the summer months. Now it’s time. Please share ideas on how to use this particular kind of turmeric, I use “orange” turmeric on most foods mostly for it’s anti inflamatory properties, and flavor of course. Thanks!
I love to share my spices.
I frequently give jars of Burlap and Barrel spices as gifts to friends who haven’t tried your spices-or even to those who have -like my daughter who especially loves your red turmeric. Just a little “I love you” note with a jar of B&B spice. I refuse to buy any other brand spice. If B&B doesn’t have it I don’t use it.
Put a dash on most dishes, enjoy the flavor immensely
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.