Our Red Turmeric comes from a cooperative of farmers in northern Vietnam, where it has a long history as both a medicinal and culinary ingredient. Very high in curcumin (more than 5%), it also has a sweet, rich flavor that's great in teas and smoothies, as well as stews and marinades.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: Red turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Tasting notes: Carrot • Ginger • Papaya
- Perfect for chicken and fish rubs and marinades
- Toss with carrots, sweet potatoes or other root veggies
- Mix with ginger, fresh fruit and your favorite milk/mylk and blend
- Sour Tomato and Lemongrass Soup with Little Pork Meatballs
- Baharat Roasted Cauliflower
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Pairs well with: Royal Cinnamon, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Buffalo Ginger
- brand spice
Im embarrassed to say I haven’t used it yet! I cook often but not as much in the summer months. Now it’s time. Please share ideas on how to use this particular kind of turmeric, I use “orange” turmeric on most foods mostly for it’s anti inflamatory properties, and flavor of course. Thanks!
I frequently give jars of Burlap and Barrel spices as gifts to friends who haven’t tried your spices-or even to those who have -like my daughter who especially loves your red turmeric. Just a little “I love you” note with a jar of B&B spice. I refuse to buy any other brand spice. If B&B doesn’t have it I don’t use it.
Put a dash on most dishes, enjoy the flavor immensely