Our lightly smoked whole Cobanero Chili is a rare Maya variety of chili pepper that is only grown in the mountains around the city of Cobán in Guatemala. It has a lush, fruity, slightly smoky aroma and a fierce heat that makes everything taste better. Perfect for anyone who appreciates true chili flavor!
Love the heat but prefer chili flakes? Check out our Cobanero Chili Flakes
- Heat level: 30,000-50,000 Scoville units
- Add whole or snip pieces into chili
- Slide into a braise or long-cooked stew
- Use in a homemade hot sauce or salsa
- Slip into pickling liquids
Cobanero chilis are only cultivated in the area around the city of Cobán in Alta Verapaz, Guatemala. It is one of the oldest domesticated chili varietals.