Our sweet and floral blue poppy seeds are harvested in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey's center of opium poppy cultivation for millennia. Perfect for adding a rich, nutty flavor to baked goods and pastries, but also for adding texture and richness to savory dishes like roasted vegetables and fish, salad dressings, dips and anything else you can think of.
- Origin: Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% blue poppy seeds (Papaver somniferum)
- Tasting notes: Dried Violets • Hazelnuts • Plums
- Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies
- Radish Salad with Blue Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mix into your vinaigrette for extra complexity
- Pairs well with: Buffalo Ginger, Cloud Forest Cardamom, Allspice Berries
We source our poppy seeds from small farms around the city of Afyonkarahisar in central Turkey. The city is so integral to the history of poppy cultivation that the name of the city translates literally to “Poppy Black Fortress.” Poppies have been cultivated there for millennia for culinary, medicinal and recreational applications.
- poppy seeds
- spice company
I love these poppy seeds... I grind them up a bit for a poppy seed cake. I love Burlap and Barrel❤️
I just tried using Burlap & Barrel Blue Poppy Seeds in an "Everything Bread" I have been making and they are as wonderful as all of the other Burlap & Barrel products I use such as the King Caraway Seeds. Burlap & Barrel certainly sets the standard for what spices should taste like! I love using them in cooking and baking and they never disappoint. Not to mention the packaging and shipping is first-rate!
..that make homemade bagels so delicious!
The seeds were super fresh, tasty and beautiful.