"It's surprisingly spicy with notes of pineapple and fresh herbs, and adds a kick to anything it's used in." Food & Wine
Our ground Buffalo Ginger is an heirloom variety grown in the mountains of northern Vietnam. This ginger packs a punch with its fruity, floral aroma and powerful heat. This is a complex, flavorful ginger powder that will elevate baked goods, stews, curries, and beverages from hot drinks to cocktails.
In Vietnam, this ginger is used with chicken, soup, rice, and candy. It’s also been used for medicinal purposes — to calm upset stomachs, restore appetite, and support the immune system. Any way you slice it, this is a spicy, wonderfully intense ginger.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Dried with hot air, then ground
- Ingredients: Ginger, ground (Zingiber officinale)
- Tasting notes: Pineapple • Fresh Herbs • Bright Heat
- Add to apple pies, cookies, cakes and other baked goods
- Mix ¼ teaspoon with water and honey for a potent ginger tea (or skip the water and stir a pinch of ginger into honey)
- Easy, Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
- Spiced Winter Squash
- Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Carrot Layer Cake with Ginger Cream Cheese Mousse
- Ilham's Yellow Lempah Fish
- Chai Spice Cake with Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
- Savory Kabocha Coconut Soup
- Pho-Style Stock
- Caribbean Jerk Dry Rub
- Chicken Opor
- Pairs well with: Ground Cinnamon Verum, New Harvest Turmeric, Wild Mountain Cumin
We've partnered with DACE, a social enterprise in Vietnam, to connect with the farmers growing our Buffalo Ginger.
The ginger is grown by communities of Hmong farmers in Vietnam's northern highlands, who are learning to grow higher-value crops and transitioning to organic and regenerative agricultural methods. We're honored to support them in that work, and to share their spicy, zingy ginger with you!
- Buffalo Ginger
- ginger flavor
Love the spices and ideas in the Facebook group.
If you don’t have fresh ginger this the best product out there.
I love their spices, especially the cinnamon, which I put on my oats every morning for breakfast
The best ground ginger we've found!
Wonderful rich ginger flavor - far superior to any ground ginger we've been able to find.
B&B the Best
Oh, nothing excites my taste buds like a spice delivery from Burlap & Barrel. I'm never disappointed in the quality of their products or service. Buffalo Ginger, Royal Cinnamon, Sweet Allspice, on & on . . . all-around top drawer. Load up your cart and checkout.
I’ve been adding Buffalo Ginger along with Turmeric to my Matcha tea in the morning to help with inflammation and it sure makes everything taste better
I use them for one flavor in my chocolate and the Anise + Tomato Antidote has become my favorite. Consistent good quality.
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.