Our buffalo ginger is an heirloom ginger variety from a group of farmers in the mountains of northern Vietnam. Known for its fruity and floral aroma and powerful heat, this is a complex & flavorful ginger powder that will elevate baked goods, stews and curries, and beverages from hot drinks to cocktails.
In Vietnam, the ginger is used with chicken, soup, rice, and candy. It’s also been used for medicinal purposes - to calm upset stomachs, restore appetite, and support the immune system. Any way you slice it, this is a spicy, wonderfully intense ginger.
- Origin: Cao Bằng, Vietnam
- Process: Dried with hot air, then ground
- Ingredients: 100% ginger, ground (Zingiber officinale)
- Tasting notes: Pineapple • Fresh Herbs • Bright Heat
- Sprinkle into curries, sauces, and chutneys
- Add to apple pies, cookies, cakes, and other baked goods
- Mix ¼ teaspoon with water and honey for a potent ginger tea (or skip the water and stir a pinch of ginger into honey)
- Pairs well with: Ground Cinnamon Verum, New Harvest Turmeric, Wild Mountain Cumin
Best spices I've used in a long time. Will order again!
Ginger is one of my favorite spices and B&B's Ginger is the best!!
Great hot taste of ginger. You get so used to the super market kind, you forget what real powdered ginger should taste like.
Best tasting, most potent ginger I've ever used. Takes your cooking up a few notches.
Just great for adding to my dishes