We source our Black Nigella Seed from an organic farm in Fayoum, Egypt. It has a nutty, herbal flavor and is traditionally used as a topping for breads as well as hummus, cheese and other cold dishes.
- Origin: Fayoum, Egypt
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: Organically grown black nigella seed (Nigella sativa)
- Tasting notes: Sweet Roasted Onions • Nutty • Herbal
- Lightly toast them to release essential oils and throw them whole into curries, soups or sauces
- Sprinkle on top of breads or pastries, or incorporate them in bread doughs and batters for added flavor and crunchy texture
- Add them to pickles, relishes, or chutneys
- Pairs well with: King Caraway, Wild Mountain Cumin, New Harvest Turmeric
Nigella sativa seeds were said to have been found in King Tut’s tomb and have been used for thousands of years as a preservative, spice, and medicine. Our nigella seeds are sourced from an organic farm in central Egypt, where ancient canal systems divert the Nile’s waters to irrigate the fields. The seeds are harvested from capsules inside the Nigella sativa (an herbaceous annual flowering plant) when they bloom in the summer, and are then sun-dried.
- pumpernickel bread
- dinner rols
These are the perfect compliment to top my challah with!
It's good, I just expected it to taste a little bit stronger.
Amazing product. High quality and gives certain dishes a different flavor profile.
I sprinkled them on top of my pumpernickel bread before I baked it!! Extremely fresh and tasty. thank you for providing such excellent products.
I only recently started using them, and believe it or not I used it in my breakfast oatmeal and it gave it a nice texture and interesting nutty flavor. I also enjoyed it in lentil stew and was very happy.