Our King Caraway is an heirloom variety of white-flowered caraway from the lush oasis of Fayoum in central Egypt, where it's been grown for millennia.
Called "king" caraway because of its plump seeds and bold flavor, it also has an herbal brightness and sweetness unlike any other we've tasted. Perfect for homemade rye bread, and for pickles, stews and anywhere else you'd use spices like cumin, coriander or fennel.
- Origin: Fayoum Oasis, Egypt
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% organically-grown caraway seeds (Carum carvi)
- Tasting notes: Dried Mint • Red Radish • Fresh Bread
- Add to dough for bread, rolls and other baked goodies
- Toss a small handful into pickles and other ferments
- Drop a pinch into stews, braises and soups
- Pairs well with: Wild Mountain Cumin, Nile Coriander, Desert Fennel
Our King Caraway is grown by smallholder farmers in central Egypt, in an oasis west of the Nile where ancient canal systems divert the Nile's waters to irrigate the fields. The seeds are harvested by hand in early summer. Farmers use a special curved knife to cut the caraway plants down, and the seeds are pulled off by hand.
Tried some new stuff; but haven't worked thru it all yet. I liked the fermented white pepper I ordered. Everything arrived in good shape, and pretty quickly.
Love your spices!
Open the jar and enjoy the wonderful Caraway aroma. Have not used them yet but confident they will be delicious!
This is a wonderfully fragrant seed. Loved baking bread with it as well as putting it in my pickling liquids.
I‚Äôm so pleased with the quality of your spices~and being able to explore new food horizons with them!