Our King Caraway is an heirloom variety of white-flowered caraway from the lush oasis of Fayoum in central Egypt, where it's been grown for millennia.
Called "king" caraway because of its plump seeds and bold flavor, it also has an herbal brightness and sweetness unlike any other we've tasted. Perfect for homemade rye bread, and for pickles, stews and anywhere else you'd use spices like cumin, coriander or fennel.
- Origin: Fayoum Oasis, Egypt
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% organically grown caraway seeds (Carum carvi)
- Tasting notes: Dried Mint • Red Radish • Fresh Bread
- Add to dough for bread, rolls and other baked goodies
- Toss a small handful into pickles and other ferments
- Drop a pinch into stews, braises and soups
- Pairs well with: Wild Mountain Cumin, Nile Coriander, Desert Fennel
Our King Caraway is grown by smallholder farmers in central Egypt, in an oasis west of the Nile where ancient canal systems divert the Nile's waters to irrigate the fields. The seeds are harvested by hand in early summer. Farmers use a special curved knife to cut the caraway plants down, and the seeds are pulled off by hand.
- rye bread
I live Carraway and this is so delicious and fragrant. Amazing.
love this size and the freshness of this caraway. It's so special
I’ve been using the caraway seeds in my sourdough rye bread and they give it the most incredible smell and flavor!
Using herbs and spices daily. The best!
I’ve been making Caraway chicken for my family for a number of years and they love it. Using B&B King Caraway took it to another level. Excellent product.