The 2019 harvest is here!
"Their turmeric made me feel like I’d never really tasted turmeric before." Slate
Our turmeric is grown organically on two small farms in southern India by expert farmers specializing in sustainable agricultural techniques. It has a sweet, floral flavor without the metallic bitterness found in lower quality turmeric, and is perfect for both sweet and savory applications, in curries and other dishes as well as in turmeric teas and lattes.
Its high curcumin content (4%) makes it ideal for both culinary and nutritional uses. Add it to sauces, stews, salad dressing and baked goods for bright color, depth of flavor and wellness.
Our turmeric has been tested for lead and is 100% lead-free.
A word to the wise: this spice is often used as a natural dye. So you have a decision to make: either use caution (and maybe gloves) when handling or proudly display your yellow hands to show that you've just cooked with some very potent turmeric.
- Origin: Karnataka, India
- Aliases: Tumeric
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% ground turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Tasting notes: Ginger Root • Jasmine Flower • Honey
- Toss with roast veggies like cauliflower, potatoes, and root vegetables
- Make one of those trendy Golden Tea Lattes
- Blend into a chicken or vegetable soup
- In Mahi Mahi with Stewed Spiced Peaches (community recipe)
- Pairs well with: Cinnamon Verum, Wild Mountain Cumin, Cloud Forest Cardamom
Our turmeric is grown organically in Karnataka, India, where it is hand-harvested, cleaned, sun-dried and ground fresh. It's irrigated with using a special water conservation method, and the field is inter-cropped with sugarcane, producing our turmeric's sweet, floral flavor.
Our partner farmer's father was an Ayurvedic doctor and he's incorporated the principles of Ayurveda into his cultivation techniques and post-harvest processing of the turmeric, including intercropping with sugar cane and a hot water wash to protect the curcumin content.