- Bloom in fat or toast in a hot dry pan at the start of cooking stews and stir-fries
- Toss with vegetables and oil and roast in a hot oven
- Add to brine for pickling vegetables
- Sprinkle over any dip or spread for a crunch and pop of flavor
- Barkha's Butternut Squash
Mustard grows on plants that produce bright yellow flowers on tall stalks. The seeds, which come in a variety of colors, are widely used to make the familiar condiment but also very commonly used in South Asian cooking. The pods are edible as well.
Our partner farmer Rohit Jain grows this exceptional black mustard on his farm in Udaipur.