Recipe and photo by Sofi Colmenares
Makes 2 servings
¼ cup cooked red quinoa
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
Pinch of ground Zanzibar Black Pepper
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. Cured Sumac
½ cup yogurt
1 tsp. Ground Black Lime
¼ tsp. Black Urfa Chili
1 tsp. ground Nile Coriander
- Thinly slice cucumber using a mandolin, or a sharp knife. Shingle over a strainer, bowl or a cutting board and season generously with salt to release water. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Season cooked red quinoa with rice wine vinegar, ground Zanzibar Black Pepper, salt and cured sumac.
- Toss cucumber slices in seasoned quinoa.
- Mix yogurt, Ground Black Lime, Black Urfa Chili and ground Nile Coriander.
- Arrange cucumber slices in a plate, and drizzle with yogurt sauce, as desired.