Our Desert Hibiscus comes from an organic farm in Egypt and adds a refreshing, fruity tang to your dishes and drinks. Bright, fruity and tart, it’s perfect for teas, infusions and cocktails.
- Origin: Aswan, Egypt
- Aliases: sorrel, flor de Jamaica
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% organically grown hibiscus flower petals (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Tasting notes: Bright • Fruity • Tart
- Use a few flowers with lemon and honey to make a refreshing hot or iced tea
- Steep in hot water, sugar, ginger and lemon peel to make a simple syrup, or cook down for a hibiscus sauce
- Add to a marinade for your beef or lamb dishes
- Pairs well with: Pemba Cloves, Sweet Allspice Berries, Wild Red Juniper Berries
Our Desert Hibiscus is grown along the Nile in Aswan on the Egypt-Sudan border. Hibiscus is an edible bright red flower that grows from plants that grow to 3-6 feet in height. Once harvested, the flowers are laid out to dry under the desert sun for up to three days. Our Desert Hibiscus is grown organically.
- blood pressure
- cinnamon sticks
- supermarket variety
This makes the most beautiful tea. The red color and flavor of hibiscus is especially interesting with a wedge of lime. A small amount of honey gives this beverage just the right balance. My favorite way to drink this tea is on the rocks in a stemmed glass.
Makes the best tea!
I’ve made several drinks with steeped hibiscus flower as the base and they all are awesome!!! I’ll be ordering more....a lot more!
I like the desert hibiscus flower product so much that I ordered a second so I won’t run out. I use it to make iced tea now and will make hot tea as the weather cools. I enjoy the tea but am also hopeful it will assist in regulating blood pressure.
Wonderful! Especially for teas.