Our Desert Hibiscus comes from an organic farm in Egypt and adds a refreshing, fruity tang to your dishes and drinks. Bright, fruity and tart, it’s perfect for teas, infusions and cocktails.
- Origin: Aswan, Egypt
- Aliases: sorrel, flor de Jamaica
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: Organically grown hibiscus flower petals (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Tasting notes: Bright • Fruity • Tart
- Use a few flowers with lemon and honey to make a refreshing hot or iced tea
- Steep in hot water, sugar, ginger and lemon peel to make a simple syrup, or cook down for a hibiscus sauce
- Add to a marinade for your beef or lamb dishes
- Pairs well with: Pemba Cloves, Sweet Allspice Berries, Buffalo Ginger
Our Desert Hibiscus is grown along the Nile in Aswan on the Egypt-Sudan border. Hibiscus is an edible bright red flower that grows from plants that grow to 3-6 feet in height. Once harvested, the flowers are laid out to dry under the desert sun for up to three days. Our Desert Hibiscus is grown organically.
- blood pressure
- cinnamon sticks
- supermarket variety
Vibrant unique flavor, would definitely buy again
Always the very finest and most amazingly delicious
Desert Hibiscus Flower
This makes the most beautiful tea. The red color and flavor of hibiscus is especially interesting with a wedge of lime. A small amount of honey gives this beverage just the right balance. My favorite way to drink this tea is on the rocks in a stemmed glass.
Makes the best tea!
Desert Hibiscus is my new favorite cocktail!
I’ve made several drinks with steeped hibiscus flower as the base and they all are awesome!!! I’ll be ordering more....a lot more!
Great Hot or Cold
I like the desert hibiscus flower product so much that I ordered a second so I won’t run out. I use it to make iced tea now and will make hot tea as the weather cools. I enjoy the tea but am also hopeful it will assist in regulating blood pressure.
Wonderful! Especially for teas.
I loved this with cinnamon sticks! So good Next I want to try the frosting!