Our Desert Hibiscus comes from an organic farm in Egypt and adds a refreshing, fruity tang to your dishes and drinks. Bright, fruity and tart, it’s perfect for teas, infusions, and cocktails.
- Origin: Aswan, Egypt
- Aliases: Sorrel, Flor de Jamaica
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% organically-grown hibiscus flower petals (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- Tasting notes: Bright • Fruity • Tart
- Use a few flowers with lemon and honey to make a refreshing hot or iced tea
- Steep in hot water, sugar, ginger and lemon peel to make a simple syrup or cook down for a hibiscus sauce
- Add to marinade for your beef or lamb dishes
- Pairs well with: Pemba Cloves, Sweet Allspice Berries, Wild Red Juniper Berries
Our Desert Hibiscus is grown along the Nile in Aswan on the Egyptian/Sudanese border. Hibiscus is an edible bright red flower that grows from plants that grow to 3-6 feet in height. Once harvested, the flowers are laid out to dry under the desert sun for up to three days. Our Desert Hibiscus is grown organically.
So good. Packed with flavor. Transparent business. Great guys. Buy all the things
I have been using this for tea. B&B hibiscus is delightfully tart and earthy, finishing like a warm cherry pie. It is smooth and subtle on the tongue. I tried spiceworld hibiscus and by comparison, it just tasted like aspirin. This hibiscus is simply the best.
I use these flowers as a topping on salads. Very good.
i will buy this again and again - it‚Äôs the sweetest, freshest-tasting hibiscus I‚Äòve ever had. The tea is outstanding! Thank you!
Hibiscus. The hibiscus was fantastic. I am going to buy more spices from Burlap and Barrel.