Easy, Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
"This is my family's go-to salad dressing, starring a special ingredient that adds creaminess and holds everything else together: nutritional yeast."
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (apple cider works, too)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon or whole-grain are my favorites)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Burlap & Barrel Zanzibar Black Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 pinch your favorite spices (such as Black Lime, Cured Sumac, Purple Stripe Garlic Powder, Buffalo Ginger, and Smoked Pimenton Paprika)
- Your favorite salad greens, chopped vegetables, nuts, cheeses, and grains
- Add all dressing ingredients into a glass or small bowl.
Use a fork to vigorously mix until ingredients are well incorporated and the mixture is a uniform, creamy consistency. (Another option is to put all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake it like a Polaroid.)
- Dress the salad right before serving and give it a light toss with tongs.
Tip: If you have heavier components in your salad (tomatoes, nuts, cheese, grains), then dress the greens first, toss, then add the toppings. Otherwise, all of those toppings will end up at the bottom of your bowl.