Our Smoked Chipotle chili peppers were grown on Fire Tongue Farm in California and smoked over fruit tree branches pruned from a nearby orchard.
A chipotle is a smoked jalapeño pepper, so these are the darker, deeper siblings to our El Jefe–variety Red Jalapeños. They're medium-hot and are perfect for cooking or garnishing, in a tomato sauce, with eggs or on fresh fruit.
- Origin: Santa Cruz, California
- Aliases: Jalapeño (smoked)
- Heat level: 4,000-6,000 Scoville units
- Process: Sun-dried & ground
- Ingredients: 100% Capsicum annuum v. Jalapeño, smoked
Tasting notes: Campfire • Roasted Tomato • Hot & Sweet
- Season grilled meat or veggies for a bright spiciness
- Sprinkle over dips like baba ghanoush and hummus
- Add to chocolate and fruit for a sweet/spicy kick!
- Pairs well with: Wild Mountain Cumin, Smoked Pimentón Paprika, Cured Sumac
The peppers are grown by Fire Tongue Farm in the cool, coastal climate of Santa Cruz, CA. The farmers Ryan and Levon specialize in growing chili peppers of all shapes and sizes, and they are dedicated to maintaining a healthy environment on and around their farmland, rotating between grazing sheep and growing peppers. You can taste the difference!
Their work builds healthy soil, prevents erosion, protects wildlife habitats and conserves water and other resources. Learn more at firetonguefarm.com
Love everything about Burlap & Barrel, especially their fresh and flavorful spices!
Absolutely love this spice it is my go to on almost all my meals. Sprinkle on salad, eggs, pasta, soup, chili and pizza.
Great flavor low heat. Perfect for so many uses.
Goes on almost everything, love it!
I sometimes just smell them for fun. They are all so delicious.